via http://www.toadworld.com/Default.aspx?tabid=67&EntryID=312 (Bert Scalzo’s blog)
Download Toad_flash.zip from http://www.bertscalzo.com/page5.html
Here are the steps:
- Format the USB Flash Drive as an NTFS file system.
- File explorer, right hand mouse, properties, hardware tab
- Select the USB Flash Drive and press the properties button
- Policies tab, choose Optimize for Performance and press OK
- Format the USB Flash Drive – NTFS should now be available
- Create TOAD_FLASH directory on your USB Flash Disk (at topmost level)
- Download and then unzip the TOAD_FLASH.zip file onto your USB Flash Disk
- Unzip the contained Oracle Instant Client installation file onto your USB Flash Disk
- Install Toad for Oracle and copy the Toad home (install directory) to your flash drive
Example: xcopy /s /q "C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad 9.7" "X:\Toad 9.7\"
- Run TOAD_FLASH_SETUP.bat file to install (and save pre-existing Toad setups)
- Run TOAD_FLASH_RUN.bat file to launch Toad (must enter license first time)
- Run TOAD_FLASH_RESTORE.bat file to restore PC back to prior Toad state