Need to share your desktop with other people? Need it to work across FireWalls, etc?
I just tried Microsoft’s SharedView.
Here are my thoughts:
- Its extremely easy to use.
- You dont have to worry about firewalls and all. SharedView does its thing and you automagically begin sharing your desktop with others.
- It is more like a GoToMeeting app, where you host a session and then provide others the session name and password that they then use to log in to your session.
- SharedView uses your Microsoft Live ID – I like this very much! (dont have to remember the details of yet another account)
- Allows you to share your entire desktop or just a specific application – this is cool too and I havent seen this feature in other applications
- Allows other users to point at stuff on your computer – again very cool when you want to do collaborative work.
- You can give others control of your desktop or just the application – again a nice feature.
- Its not the fastest screen sharing application. You can see a lag time when the other person’s mouse is moving.
- Its FREE!
A quick note:
If you want to use ZoomIt – then you need to share the entire desktop – not just a single application window.
You can detach the chat window – very nice if you use dual screens.