1. See work. Dont wait for work to be assigned to you. Seek out work to do. There is always more work to do!
2. On time.
3. Be perfect. Strive towards perfection, understanding that no one is perfect.
4. Can Do. Those with the Can Do attitude are the ones that will get ahead and will be the ones that upper management will seek out.
5. Do the job no one else wants. Be the one that is considered to be toughest to get the hardest jobs done.
6. Be sales minded. Always look for ways to add value to your company.
7. Customer-focused. Enough Said!
8. Always improve. To get ahead, you certainly cannot be stagnant, look for ways to improve professionally and personally.
9. Don’t whine, gossip or complain. Need anyone say more?
10. Become an evangelist. Goes to (6).
And while you are looking at the above list, why not look at this list for programmers: http://blog.aggregatedintelligence.com/2008/08/if-you-are-programmer-then-paste-these.html