We were getting the following error, when we attempted to use a web-service through a website.
The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme ‘Anonymous’. The authentication header received from the server was ‘Negotiate,NTLM’.
Looks like there could be multiple reasons that this could happen. In our case none of the Google hits were fixing our problem.
Finally we figured out that the cause of the issue in our case was that we were hitting the website with a URL that was different from how the binding was set in IIS (that is: we were hitting the site as myWebService.myCompany.Com and the binding in IIS was set to myWebService.) Once we updated the binding in IIS to “myWebService.myCompany.Com”, the issue got fixed).
Your Mileage May Vary!