The instructions are confusing in the 374UT manual, and I spent about 30 minutes trying to program the remote, before I figured out exactly what needs to be done.
Here are the steps:
- Start with your garage door closed.
- Put the 374UT remote into programming mode
- Press the learning button in the garage door opener
- The learn button on the garage door opener should glow solid.
- Press the button on the 374UT remote that you wish to program to control the garage door open.
- You will see the blue LED on the remote start to flash. (Dont press the button a second time just yet – this is what the manual tells you to do and messes everything up).
- Instead you should see the light on the garage door flash and hear 2 clicks
- Next, the blue LED on the 374UT remote should stop flashing (may take a few seconds before this happens). When it finishes flashing, press the button you are programming a 2nd time. Again the blue LED will start flashing. Be patient, it takes about another 30 seconds. Once the programming is complete, and the programming setup was successful, the garage door will begin to open.
- Press any button on 374UT button quickly. This will complete the programming.