I suddenly started having connection issues between my computer and the Xbox and could no longer play music from my computer.
I checked everything: firewall settings, router settings, network settings….. nothing worked.
I then came across a couple of posts that talked about DRM issues. Following along, I walked through resetting DRM and magically, my Xbox started finding my music from my computer.
Not sure what about DRM was causing the issues, but now that its working – I am not complaining.
- Windows 7
- Wired Network
- Zune Player on computer
- You need to rename the DRM cache folder:
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft
Rename the folder “DRM” to “DRM-Old”
If you cant find the above folder, make sure you have setup the folder options to show hidden folders and files.
- Once you have renamed the DRM folder, go to the following website: http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp?force=1
Important: Visit site only in IE.
- If the upgrade button is disabled, make sure Zune and Windows Media Player are not running.
Also refresh the page a couple of times. I think this page has issues in Windows 7.
- Hit the upgrade button.
- Restart your computer and Xbox (xbox only after your computer has restarted).
- Make sure that you can view Xbox device on your computer:
If Xbox 360 shows up, then you know that your computer is able to see your Xbox.
- Try and play your music from your Xbox.
If the above doesn’t work, make sure you have turned off your firewall and then retry.
If that too doesn’t work…. Google for other solutions